Thursday, September 20, 2012

DIY Nail Polish Organizer

   Even before my adventure to Alaska, storage for my lovelies (nail polish) has been really difficult for me. My collection isn't so large that I need an piece of furniture to contain it but it's big enough to not fit into a shoe box. I previously had it stored in this crappy three drawer plastic bin that wasn't tall enough and couldn't handle how heavy my polish was leaving me worse off than before. Long story, I know, but now that I'm up here and finally, but not really, settled in, I figured I needed to get it off the shelf that it's inhabiting right now. The BF is sick of it taking up "his" space (seriously, though, he probably just needs to throw away whatever he plans to put there anyway).
 

    Here's my beautiful organizer thanks to this site! Although, I substituted her advice of a Diet Coke with a beverage more suited to my life, beer. In the instructions she only adds a few nails to the shelves for support which worked fine for her. I'm paranoid, though, so I nailed the sides to each shelf and added a few more elsewhere which probably provide no support, but give me peace of mind. For the front of the shelves I used ribbon instead of fabric and it worked like a charm! If you decide to get tacky spray, use caution, my fingers were so coated that I ended up getting caught in my cat's tail 2 hours after.


   I haven't added the polish yet but I'm pretty stoked! I'll put up pictures when I finally get it hung and organized :)

   Finally, a pretty picture from my deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment